Public service announcements are a cost-effective method to partner with your local media to promote the Walk or Bike to School event.
Walk to School Day PSAs (.doc)
Bike to School Day PSAs (.doc)
To use these radio PSA scripts, follow these easy steps:
- Download the PSA script file below (in .DOC or .RTF). It contains several different scripts to choose from.
- Select the PSA(s) that best suit your program and community.
- Fill in the bracketed areas with your local information.
- Call local radio stations, and ask to speak with someone in the public affairs department or the news department.
- Request an on-air reading of the PSA(s).
- Provide the appropriate script as a guideline for featuring your Walk to School event. You could also suggest that the station feature a link on their website to www.walkbiketoschool.org.
Another option is to recruit an on-air personality to promote the event during usual morning commute times.