Register an event or sign up as a resource for a chance to win
In celebration of National Bike to School Day on May 8, 2013, the National Center for Safe Routes to School is pleased to announce the National Bike to School Day Bicycle Parking Rack Giveaway via www.walkbiketoschool.org.
The National Center for Safe Routes to School, the coordinating agency for National Bike to School Day, in partnership with Saris Racks, will give away ten bike racks to encourage registration and participation in the event. All events and local resources that register at www.walkbiketoschool.org by May 31 will be entered to win one of ten Saris eight-bike Stadium Racks for bike storage at a school of their choosing. One event registration per school, please.
With one drawing taking place every week, the sooner you register your event, the more chances your school has to win.
For more information on the 2013 National Bike to School Day celebration, visit www.walkbiketoschool.org/about-the-events/bike-to-school-day.
Ten Saris eight-bike Stadium Racks will be given away in the months of April and May. Winners will be selected at random on the following dates leading up to and after Bike to School Day on May 8, 2013:
- Wednesday, March 27 (Winner: Valley View Elementary, Great Falls, Montana)
- Wednesday, April 3 (Winner: Don Pedro Elementary School, Ceres, California)
- Wednesday, April 10 (Winner: Cherry Avenue Elementary School, West Sayville, New York)
- Wednesday, April 17 (Winner: Glebe Elementary School, Arlington, Virginia)
- Wednesday, April 24 (Winner: Sunrise Elementary School, Albany, Oregon)
- Wednesday, May 1 (Winner: Hawthorn Elementary School, Elmhurst, Illinois)
- Wednesday, May 8 (Winner: El Marino Language School, Culver City, California)
- Monday, June 3 (All Registered Events Winner: Dunn Elementary School, Sparks, Nevada)
- Monday, June 3 (Pioneer Schools Winner: Malletts Bay School, Colchester, Vermont)
- Monday, June 3 (Registered Resources Winner: University Park Elementary School, Denver, Colorado)
On the first seven drawing dates, one winner will be drawn from the pool of all registered events. On the last drawing date, June 3, one winner will be drawn from the pool of all registered events, one from the pool of all registered resources, and one winner from the pool of all registered Bike to School Day Pioneers—schools that registered events in the inaugural 2012 event and in 2013.
Delivery and Logistics
In collaboration with Saris Racks, the National Center is giving away ten Saris eight-bike Stadium Racks. Each registered event and resource person is eligible to win a bike rack for a school. Contest winners will be notified by National Center staff. They must provide written confirmation from the designated school administration that the bike rack is desired and will be used before final confirmation of the award and delivery to the selected school. The above-ground rack will be shipped directly to the school, and the school will be responsible for its receipt and installation.
Please note: the Saris Stadium Rack features 4 inverted u-style hoops welded to solid c-channel base, parking eight bikes safely and securely. The rack is free standing, with no anchoring or assembly required, and can be easily moved as needed. The rack meets all standards for best practices in bike parking, making it easy to use and long lasting.
The Fine Print
- The Bike to School Day Bike Rack Giveaway contest is open to any individual in the United States who registers a Bike to School Day event or registers as a local resource on the website.
- Individuals of all ages — including parents, teachers, students and other community members — are eligible to be entered into the Bike to School Day Bike Rack Giveaway. No staff member of the National Center for Safe Routes to School or University of North Carolina Highway Safety Research Center is eligible to compete in this contest.
- Each event and resource registration is assumed to be associated with one related U.S. school, per registration. Only one contest entry is allowed per school; multiple event entries per school are not permitted.
- Any event or registered resource can win only one drawing. Winners of previous drawings will be ineligible for subsequent drawings. Winners from the 2012 National Bike to School Day Bike Rack Giveaway are not eligible to win in 2013.
- All the information collected by www.walkbiketoschool.org is securely maintained and used only for the purpose of conducting the Bike to School Day Bike Rack Giveaway contest and National Bike to School Day registration.
- The contest winners will be selected at random and notified by e-mail or telephone. All decisions are final. If the winner does not respond to the notification within five business days or is unable to obtain permission from the designated school administration within two weeks of notification, the registrant forfeits the prize to another registrant selected by the National Center.
Important Contest Dates
The Bike to School Day Bike Rack Giveaway will open when National Bike to School Day event and resource registration opens on Wednesday, February 13, at www.walkbiketoschool.org/go. The contest ends at 5 p.m. EDT on May 31, 2013. (That date allows schools who register events after they have taken place to enter.)
Selection process: The National Center for Safe Routes to School will select winners at random on the following dates surrounding Bike to School Day on May 8, 2013:
- Wednesday, March 27 (one bicycle parking rack)
- Wednesday, April 3 (one)
- Wednesday, April 10 (one)
- Wednesday, April 17 (one)
- Wednesday, April 24 (one)
- Wednesday, May 1 (one)
- Wednesday, May 8 - Bike to School Day! (one)
- Friday, May 31- Last day to register an event/as a resource to be eligible for the final drawings
- Monday, June 3 (three)